Looking back over the past few weeks specifically, I am blown away by how personal our God is. I think I have a tendency to speak of God in a way that makes Him seem far away. I refer to His greatness and sovereignty, how unattainable His glory seems, or His faithfulness in the past. I recently realized that I rarely speak about what God is doing in my life at the moment. As I started to think about that, I recognized that in order to be able to speak about that, I need to be walking so closely with Him and having daily conversations in order to hear from Him.
When graduation came and I had nothing "lined up" for my future, I was alarmingly calm. My prayer throughout the semester was that He would lead me to the place where He would be most glorified through my work. I began realizing that my main goal in life wasn't to create compelling content or super PR campaigns; it was to further the Kingdom. How would I do that? I had no idea. Through a series of random events, I ended up emailing my old boss at camp. Things fell into place and I am now interning at camp doing communications and public relations. It's incredible to me that I would end up at a place I've been visiting since the 3rd grade. It's even more amazing that I am serving at a place where the ultimate goal is to facilitate life change by helping people see Christ. And the fact that I get to do communications and public relations for camp blows me away. It honestly feels like this could not have been more perfectly crafted.
I've been reminded of the story of Hagar in Genesis this week. Even when she felt lost, broken, and alone, God spoke to her in the most intimate way and she recognized Him as "the God who sees me." I feel like I had a similar moment this week when I realized how uniquely designed this stage of my life is. The fact that the Lord has chosen to combine my love for camp, my desire to further the Kingdom, my hope to work in an environment that embraces creativity, and my passion for communication is something that I can't comprehend yet. All I know is that my God truly sees me and sees my needs and desires and has intricately woven them together in a beautiful way.
A Kari Jobe song I recently heard has lyrics that are so true to my heart right now.So faithful, so constant
So loving and so true
So powerful in all you do
You fill me, you see me
You know my every move
you love for me to sing to you
So patient, so gracious
So merciful and true
So wonderful in all you do
I know that you are for me
I know that you are for me
I know that you will never
Forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come now
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me of who you are
I'm choosing to pray these words daily to continually remind me of God's character. It sounds silly to do this every day, but my small mindedness and human insecurities have a way of causing me to see the waves instead of His face in times of trial. So today, in this moment, I'm thankful for the beauty of Michigan, I'm thankful for camp, I'm thankful for the new people I'm meeting, I'm surprisingly thankful for snow for the first time in my life, and I'm thankful for the God who sees me.


Well I was wondering how you were doing and was delighted to see this and read this. I love you and I'm so proud of you. I would love to hear about Haiti when you return. Missing your hugs and your laughter.
ReplyDelete