Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Camp

I grew up spending my summers at a place called Miracle Camp in Lawton, Michigan. Being from Ohio, I had been conditioned to dislike all things Michigan. When it came to this place, though...impossible. I remember the 15-passenger van driving all my friends and I to our little piece of Heaven every summer from 3rd grade on. When we were within a mile of the camp, we'd start screaming...and we wouldn't stop until we reached the camp entrance. Sorry to the wonderful adults who drove us every year and had to hear that. What can I say? We were excited!


The ministry at Miracle Camp plays an instrumental role in my faith journey. The Christ-centered, worship-saturated atmosphere, and the time each counselor took to invest in my life is what kept me coming back summer after summer. I can confidently say that the presence of Christ is thick and alive at this place. I know this not only from experiencing it as a camper, but as a counselor. When working there, the staff was able to see God provide in areas of faith when ours was lacking, in health when we were sick, and in energy when we had none. Week after week, the Lord empowered who he had chosen for the summer and we were able to assist him in the work he was already doing in the lives of the campers.

Our focus was Ephesians 3:16-21.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that this love surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.
 

These verses are my prayer to everyone serving at a camp this summer. I am so thankful for those who are choosing to spend their summer investing in the lives of the campers who come with wide eyes and eager spirits ready to learn about Christ. I pray that you will see this summer as an opportunity to speak life into someone who may not hear the Good News otherwise. I pray that you will be renewed each day with good health and energy--that you would seek Christ for DAILY bread. And I pray that you will have challenges that cause you to fall to your knees in surrender. Remember that God's plan is so much greater than our agenda. And finally, I pray that the Enemy would have no power or stronghold over you. Where you are serving is exactly where the Lord wants you. I pray against any doubt or fear that tries to tell you otherwise.

I feel as if God is calling me to be in constant prayer for camp ministries this summer. I seem to know an overwhelming amount of people serving this summer, so these prayers are for you. If you have any requests that I can be praying for, please send me a message and I will be praying! And please send me your address at camp so I can send you a card with encouragement. Again, thank you for the way you are serving the Kingdom. You are a blessing.

xo,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment