Thursday, June 20, 2013

This I Believe

I've been thinking about my freshman year of college. Going into school, all the freshmen were required to read a book called This I Believe. It challenged us to write down things we believe in and abide by those truths. My writing class required me to write an essay about a fundamental truth. I remember writing about the power of positivity; about choosing my own happiness. I continue to trust in the power of positivity, but over the years I've started to believe several other things as well. Here are a few:

I believe happiness is a choice.
I believe all things that glitter are a girl's best friend.
I believe fluorescent lights are unnecessary.
I believe polished nails are essential.
I believe procrastination is one of the worst habits to have.
I believe a fear of conflict and confrontation stunts growth.
I believe closed mouth smiles to strangers are awkward...you know what I'm talking about. Show some teeth.
I believe life doesn't make sense unless you're serving others before yourself.
I believe people are inherently good.
I believe coffee is meant to be drank black.
I believe communication is the key to any healthy relationship.
I believe sunflowers should be planted more often.
I believe consistency leads to integrity.
I believe integrity is the most admirable quality a person can possess.
I believe dresses should be worn for all occasions.
I believe stress is generated by a lack of trust in God's control.
I believe in finding moments where my soul feels fully alive.
I believe there is beauty in brokenness.
xo,
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment