Monday, August 5, 2013

Long Time No See

My last blog post was June 23rd. This is normally the point in my past blogging attempts where I would get discouraged. But alas! I press on. I am going to make a feeble attempt to recap the last month.

I went to Chicago over the 4th of July. It was the best week of my summer. I got to see my sisters, Shea and Nicole, and all our other friends. I got the grand tour of Camp Manitoqua and shot a bow and arrow (straight into the ground). What can I say? I'm no Katniss.

The week was filled with bonfires, red/white/blue flags, cupcake ATMs,  all-nighters, orange juice, laughs, JustGirlyThings, fireworks, extra good music, guacamole from a frozen pouch (picture guacamole in Capri Sun form), and literally so much more. I have the best friends.



I finally finished cleaning out the basement at my grandmother's house. I feel confused as to where all the camera crews were this summer because I feel like I should have had my own TV show. So far I've organized her basement, kitchen, and closets AND the basement, garage, and storage closet at my mom's house. The only thing holding me back is a catchy Reality Show title. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

I spent the past two weeks at home with my family. It was refreshing and much needed after a summer away from them.



 We went for a family walk and there was a dog for each of us. I guess you could call us a dog family? I also taught Jovie to play dead when I say "bang"...she's a brilliant pup.


My main goal while I was home was to redo the back bedroom in the house. It was wallpapered with sports paper and as cute as basketballs and footballs are, it had to go. Let me just talk about my hatred for wallpaper for a quick second. First of all, I hate anything adhesive...tape, stickers, anything sticky. Second of all, I think wallpaper must hate me just as much.


The steps I took are as follows:

1. I used a steamer...it peeled the drywall off.
2. I used Goof Off...it asphyxiated me.
3. I used fabric softener mixed with water...I'm allergic to fabric softener.
4. I used this stuff called DIF...it peeled the paper off in LITERALLY 25 minutes.

When I discovered the DIF, I was filled with a very confusing mix of emotions. I was so mad but so happy all at the same time.  The good news is the wallpaper is finally off! I get to start painting next week. Holla.


While I was home I got to go to Bowling Green and visit one of the best people I know. My friend Royce from my freshman year at BG is seriously the greatest and it was so wonderful to spend the day with him. We walked a few miles on a trail in BG that I never knew about, had the best blueberry ice cream which made me so very happy, and got to see my friend Jason and meet his new girlfriend Lauren! I also got to have dinner with my girl Kaite and some of her friends. It was such a refreshing day and I wish I lived closer so I could spend more time with all of them. Also, Royce gives the best hugs in all the land. If you don't know him, you should just so he can give you a hug. Did I mention he's the best? Okay.



Here are some other happy moments from my time at home.

The gloomy weather was getting me down so I picked some wildflowers out in the country and let my craftiness get the best of me.






Finally, I had the best sushi date with Amber and Austin. These kids have been two of my very best friends ever since kindergarten. It's so crazy to think that we've known each other for so long and I am incredibly thankful for them. It's absolutely necessary that I get myself down to Harrisonburg, VA to see Amber this year!



I'm back in Canton for now wrapping up my time with my grandma. I'm having a yard sale this weekend so cross your fingers for me! Of course I want to make the tables light up and glitter to attract people...but I'll hold myself back.


Anyway, I will leave this hanging by saying that I applied for a job. I think it's good to pursue a pipe dream every now and then.





xo,
Katie

2 comments:

  1. you are a lovely writer :) reading your blog always brightens my mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Cinn! I'm so glad you like it :)

      Delete