I just drove home from a night well spent babysitting and passed a billboard with an elephant on it. That, paired with an emotional song on the radio, was enough to move me to tears.
I cry a lot.
I guess I should preface this post by saying that elephants are my favorite animals...elephants are my favorite animals. There, I said it. I should also include in this preface that I don't own any of the elephant photos. Much love to Google Images.
I think elephants get a bad rap. I mean, sometimes people have an "elephant in their life," and sometimes there's an "elephant in the room." I think elephants represent so much more than an immovable weight or an awkward, unspoken tension.
Elephants are actually one of the most compassionate animals in the world.
They are equally playful and majestic.
They travel together...
...and provide rescue when needed.
And sometimes...elephants stampede.
I can confidently say that I have several "elephants" in my life. I have been blessed with incredible friends and family who show me compassion and grace daily. They are people who can laugh with me and help me get back on my feet when I feel like staying down. These people stick by my side and I have the privilege of doing life with them. I look up to these people and admire they way they live their lives and impact those around them. And finally, these people have truly stampeded into my life at various times to fight for me and challenge me to run with them.
Cheesy as it may be, but when I elephants, I see these people. I hope to be this for someone else some day.
xo,
Katie







No comments:
Post a Comment